We Are Warriors
In keeping with the purpose of our mission statement, we are committed to integrating Christian beliefs, values, and morals into all subjects and school activities. We believe that the area of athletics must reflect our efforts to serve Christ. The testing of abilities and talents, the strengthening of body and character, and the building of Christian life and conduct are goals that athletic participation can help to achieve.
The athletic program of Western Michigan Christian exists as a vehicle for practicing the values of self-discipline, hard work, goal setting, character strength, honesty, teamwork, and respect. We strive for Athletic Excellence while working to honor God in all that we do.
The now Class C school presently offers a wide variety of sports to participate in. In recent years, WMC has fielded nearly 30 teams representing 17 sports. WMC is a member of the Lakes 8 Conference with Muskegon Catholic Central, Muskegon Heights, Muskegon Orchard View, Ludington, and Manistee.
FinalForms Athletic Registration
All Warrior student-athletes (Middle and High School) are required to be registered in our online athletic registration program.
We are very excited to announce that the Western Michigan Christian High School & Middle School Athletic Department has partnered with FinalForms, an online forms and data management service. FinalForms allows you to complete and sign athletic participation forms for your students online. The most exciting news is that FinalForms saves data from season-to-season and year-to-year, meaning that you will never need to enter the same information twice! You will review your information once per school year to verify information is current and sign the forms.
To register your student-athlete, please go to: https://wmchristian-mi.finalforms.com/
A couple of hints:
- Bookmark this site or save it to your desktop on your mobile device or computer (do not Google search for it in the future as you will not go directly to the WMC site).
- Have required information available, such as medical history/health information, insurance company policy numbers, doctor, dentist and hospital information. This will make the registration time more efficient to complete.
- Parents will need to fill in your student’s email address. FinalForms requires that the student’s @wmchs.net email address be used. Obtain this from your son/daughter — it is their email@example.com. Your student will then need to check their email for information on how to complete their portion of the registration.
- Attached is the ParentPlaybook WMC to help you with the online registration process. Please note once you register, you will receive an email to confirm your account, create a password, and then complete the required forms.
Thank you for your assistance and support in streamlining our paperwork processes for WMC Athletics. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us in the athletic department:
Athletic Director – Kurt Gruppen: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Athletics Admin-Assistant – Abbie Kooima: email@example.com
PAGE QUICK LINKS
MIDDLE SCHOOL TEAMS
(click sport for schedule)
HIGH SCHOOL TEAMS
(click sport for schedule)
Fall Winter Spring
SCHEDULES / COMMUNICATION / PHOTOS
Please register on WMC Warriors.com and sign up for updates and alerts so the WMC Athletic department can keep you informed about schedule changes/updates with either SMS texts or emails.
WMC SPORTS SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
“WMC SPORTS UPDATE” E-NEWSLETTER:
Our Athletic Department publishes an e-newsletter with in-depth coverage on all WMC Varsity sports. To receive the daily WMC Sports Update via email CLICK HERE.
New sports photos are being added all the time to the WMCWarriors.com website! Please feel free to collaborate and add your photos too by CLICKING HERE.
(if not at the E. Ellis campus)
- SOCCER – Warrior Field is located at 1246 Madison in Muskegon (on the Muskegon Christian School campus). CLICK HERE to go to the map.
- BASEBALL/SOFTBALL – WMC’s fields are located at 475 E. Sternberg Road in Norton Shores. CLICK HERE to go to the map.
- TENNIS – Ross Park Tennis Courts is located on the corner of Randall and Martin in Norton Shores. CLICK HERE to go to the map.
- GOLF– Chase Hammond Golf Course is located at 2454 Putnam Rd in Muskegon. CLICK HERE to go to the map.
Please CLICK HERE to access the sports-related forms including MHSAA Physical form, WMC Sports Ready/Info Form, Transportation Release forms.
CLICK HERE to access the Parent Athlete Code of Conduct, Student Athlete Contract and the current MHSAA Sports Calendar.
SUMMER CAMPS AND CLINICS
WMC offers K-12 camps and clinics during the summer and winter.
For information and registration for WMC’s sports camps CLICK HERE.
WMC: A RICH ATHLETIC HISTORY OF CHAMPIONSHIP ATHLETICS
Not many schools in the state can surpass WMC when it comes to state championships and state finalists titles. Several schools in the Muskegon area are looking for their first state title in any sport.
The WMC boys under coaches Elmer Walcott and Jim Goorman have won nine state basketball championships: 1958, 1962, 1965, 1970, 1992, 1999, 2008, 2009 and 2010.
The basketball teams came home with the runners-up trophies in 1959, 1979, 1980, 1993 and 2000.
In boys soccer, before the MHSAA began sponsoring tournaments, there was a tournament held by invitation. The Warriors won several of those, including one year when the Warriors won an all-class state title. Since the MHSAA state tournaments started in 1982, Warrior boys soccer teams under the coaching of David VerMerris, Adam Prince and David Hulings have won six state championships: 1988, 1995, 2003, 2004, 2007 and 2010. The soccer teams were state runners-up in 1982, 1983, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2006 and 2011.
The hardware in the new trophy case in the gym lobby is not limited to boys soccer and boys basketball.
The Warrior baseball team was state runner-up in 1980 and won the state championship in 1985. Dan Bylsma, who played in the National Hockey League and later coached the Pittsburgh Penguins to a Stanley Cup championship, was a member of the 1985 team.
WMC boys cross country won a state championship in 1982 and the Warriors have won several runner-up boys golf titles through the years.
Boys track teams at WMC were state runners-up in 1972, 2012 and 2015. Boys track were also MITCA Team State Champs in 2015.
Boys tennis came home with the state championship trophy in 1958 and the WMC girls soccer team earned a state semi-finalist trophy in 1998.